The Completion of Creation (Genesis 2:1-7)
- The seventh Day of Creation
- God rested on the seventh day
- God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it.
- The Sabbath was made for man not the other way around
Colossians 2:16–17 (ESV) Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.
Galatians 4:9–11 (ESV) But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years! 11 I am afraid I may have labored over you in vain.
- The history of the heavens and the earth
- Before any plants were on the earth
- God had not yet caused it to rain
- God formed man from the dust of the earth
- God breathed life into man
Adam in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 2:8-17)
- Two trees in the Garden of Eden (8-9)
- The tree of life
- The tree of the knowledge of good and evil
- God’s command to Adam (15-17)
God creates the first woman (2:18-25)
- God makes a helper comparable to Adam (18)
- It’s not good that man should be alone
- I will make a helper comparable to him
- God makes Eve from a rib from Adam’s side
- Flesh of my flesh and bone of my bones
- Adam and Eve were naked and unashamed